Planned by women for women, the South Georgia Women’s Leadership Initiative (SGWLI) is being launched in partnership with South GeorgiaLEADS as a sister program. SGWLI offers women a space to speak freely, learn from peers and mentors across the region, and enhance their own leadership capacity to fulfill their hopes and desires for themselves as individuals. The program aims to push the region forward economically and civically by giving women an active voice and platform in South Georgia.
Women across South Georgia are being offered a first-ever chance to participate in a women’s leadership initiative focused specifically on the needs, challenges and opportunities facing women in 32 counties throughout the region. With an emphasis on what is unique to female leadership, the program will provide women with a platform to discuss the challenges they face in business, non-profit management and in serving in elected and civic capacities in this part of the state.
With a lens towards female equity and empowerment, sessions will take place monthly and will cover:
- Opening Retreat/Session #1 – September 27-28 in Dougherty County
- Session #2 – October 24 in Tift County: “Women in Business and Entrepreneurship–Advancing Career and Capital”
- Session #3 – November 10 in Lowndes County: “Planning and Managing for Non-Profit Success–Elevating Impact and Outreach”
- Session #4 – December 12 in Sumter County: “Healthcare and Mental Well-Being–Preparing for All Stages”
- Session #5 – January 18 in Thomas County: “Education and Encore Careers–Embracing Your Passion”
- Session #6 – February 13 in Colquitt County: “Policy-Making and Holding Elected Office–How Women Can Influence Growth and Impact Change”
- Empowerment Celebration/Session #7 – March 14 in Grady County
Cost to participate is $1,000, with a limited number of scholarships available upon request during the application process. As a first of its kind leadership initiative for South Georgia, the program seeks to establish a stronger network of women who can work to elevate issues around economic and social equity for the region, but to also create a platform where women support women — helping them thrive in their own leadership journeys.
Completed applications are due by Friday, August 18, at 5:00 pm and can be submitted electronically to Toni Reid, Chair of the SGWLI Planning & Steering Committee, at email@example.com.
229.245.4377 or 229.219.3527